What is the meaning of life?
Sometimes it feels like we spend our entire lives searching for the answer to this.
At one stage I thought it was about creating financial freedom, and the only way I knew how to do that was to work my ass off to get that money.
That definitely ended up eventually working positively for me as I was able to generate wealth and set myself up comfortably, which I’m reaping the benefits of now.
However, the negative effects aren’t often seen at the time as you’re so busy focused on the goal, chasing the dream.
For me, the negative impacts that eventuated from chasing the financial dream make me so sad now as I reflect. Some of the things I feel guilt for…
- Not being there enough for my daughter
- Missing out on whānau gatherings and experiences
- Not being present because I was so stressed always thinking about work
- Being so f’n tired all the time from working so much
I missed out on creating beautiful memories and spending quality time with the ones I loved.
Money can’t buy you that.
My life is truly different now. I have experienced a beautiful journey of healing and personal growth and it has helped me open my eyes to what truly is important to me.
It comes down to the way I want to live, the way I want to feel, the way I want others to feel in my presence…
- Love, love and more love – saying it, showing it, receiving it and embracing it
- A sense of belonging, I want to belong, I want others to feel like they belong
- Guiding my tamariki to being kind and decent humans
- Gratitude for all that I have and for all those who are present in my life
- To live authentically as me, appreciating that I am one of a kind
- To be kind to others and do the right thing
Happiness is the meaning of life for me, I will never underestimate the power of…
- The hugs given with meaning
- The I love you’s said from the soul
- Time that people choose to spend with me (*without an ulterior motive)
- Genuine smiles on people’s faces
- Feeling the sun on my face
- Watching and appreciating sunsets
- Listening to the song of the Tūī birds
- The sound of laughter
- Freedom to choose, to explore, to be free
What is the meaning of life for you?